We, the plugin authors, have begun the deprecation process for this plugin. This means that at some point in the future, this plugin will completely cease functioning.
In the meantime, we’re offering limited support for the plugin, and it may continue working in the near-term.
If you are seeking an eBay-themed plugin for your blog for an extended period of time, we recommend you instead explore and consider other plugins here in the WordPress Plugins Directory.
The WatchCount.com WordPress Plugin (WCCWPPI) is a free eBay WordPress plugin that displays Most Popular eBay items and auctions in real-time — in your blog’s sidebar (a WordPress Widget) and/or within individual blog posts. You can also display eBay items from any specific seller.
Most Popular eBay items displayed have been voted on by both shoppers and sellers and ranked accordingly: compared to the millions of eBay listings active at any given moment, our plugin features ones that reflect an actual, cumulative interest by registered eBay users! Your blog’s visitors can click through to these compelling items listed live on eBay.
You can select keyword phrases and eBay categories as the basis of the displayed items. Even better, you can specify your keywords globally (for your entire blog), directly within your posts as you type them (via anchor tags such as
[eBay "Fender Mustang"]), automatically via the post tags that WordPress already requests of you in each post –- or allow your readers to enter their own terms in the embedded search box.
(Click the Screenshots link up above for sample images as well as a live demo blog of the WCCWPPI.)
Who might want to use the WCCWPPI?
Niche bloggers may like to showcase interesting products to their readership –- items that actual eBay users have voted as most popular -– knowing that eBay, with its extensive and varied marketplace, is an easy place to locate appealing items in almost any category (iPods, real estate, collectible coins, giant bubble wrap…). By specifying just a few keywords or post tags, continuously updated, in-demand items can be displayed to your audience.
eBay sellers who blog might also enjoy the ability to showcase their products, whether tacitly in their blog’s sidebar, or more overtly — embedded within posts. The WCCWPPI can also display any specific eBay item, good for directing readers’ attention to a newly listed product.
If you have an ePN (eBay Partner Network) account and a blog on your own domain, you can potentially make money by generating affiliate commissions when your visitors click through to eBay then make purchases.
What other features does the WCCWPPI have?
In addition to the features and services presented above, the WCCWPPI includes some other handy things:
- embedded search box for visitor-selected search words: have the plugin display refresh itself with updated results, or send the visitor right to eBay
- strong international eBay site support
- plugin displays with localized language (selected by blogger)
- a variety of backgrounds/skins to choose from, or select any background color, or choose a streamlined transparent skinless background instead
- skip keywords and display the Most Watched Items across an entire eBay site
- display a customizable informational message within the plugin to help your readers
- comprehensive configuration screen, including live preview
- text/label customization options
- for seller’s items, eBay Stores/Shops inventory is also included
- no programming/scripting experience needed; setup done via standard WP plugin installation steps
What else should I know about the WCCWPPI?
- If you use our plugin, please be sure to join our WCCWPPI Notification Alerts list so we can email you about critical updates and information. (Don’t worry – we’re not spammers and we hate junk mail as much as you do.)
- By default, the WCCWPPI displays a small WatchCount.com tagline/logo/link — but you can easily disable this on the Admin/Settings page. (If you had entered an ePN CampID on the Settings page, your ePN tracking links will display throughout the plugin 100% of the time if our tagline/link is enabled, or 80% of the time if you opt to suppress it.)
- Comprehensive information about this plugin (including FAQ, live demo blog, screenshots, and documentation) is located on our website.
- => Already using our plugin? Please consider taking a quick moment to rate it — see the right sidebar up above (thanks so much!).
Download the WatchCount.com WordPress Plugin Now
Just click the red Download button up top (or the red Install Now button if you’re reviewing this from an in-blog plugin search).
…We look forward to seeing you on the other side! 🙂
On our website you’ll find easy, step-by-step Quick Start Instructions.
If you use our plugin, please be sure to join our WCCWPPI Notification Alerts list so we can email you about critical updates and information. (Don’t worry – we’re not spammers and we hate junk mail as much as you do.)
Once installed, the WCCWPPI Admin/Settings page contains detailed configuration guidance, and links to more information.
You may also contact us directly with your questions and comments.
Contributors & Developers
“WatchCount.com WordPress Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Version history is located here on our website (towards the bottom of the page).