Meks Time Ago WordPress plugin will allow you to easily change your post date display to «time ago» format. For example, 1 hour ago, 2 weeks ago, 5 months, 4 days ago, etc… Several options are provided to suit your needs.
- Option to automatically override the_date and/or the_time WordPress functions to display date in «time ago» format
- Options to display «time ago» format only for post which are not older then specific time range
- Option to position «ago» word before actual value (helpful for «not English» WP installations which may naturally require different word ordering)
Meks Time Ago plugin is created by Meks
You can see Meks Time Ago live example on our Herald theme demo website
- Upload meks-time-ago.zip to plugins via WordPress admin panel or upload unzipped folder to your wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Activate the plugin through the «Plugins» menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> General to manage the options
For any questions, error reports and suggestions please visit https://mekshq.com/contact
Contributors & Developers
“Meks Time Ago” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Meks Time Ago” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- arabic translation
- Added: Notification for meks plugins
- Added: Plugin now supports posts loaded via AJAX too
- Improved: Smarter date/time format detection in order to avoid replacing functions with a single format parameter (i.e. date function which displays Month only)
- Fixed: Modified (updated) date & time not calculated correctly
- Fixed: Plugin throwing notices when General settings are not saved (when WP_DEBUG is enabled)
- Added: Options to apply «time ago» format to Modified (updated) post date and time (Settings -> General)
- Fixed: Conflict with meta tags using date and time inside «head» element
- Fixed: Conflict with AMP WordPress plugin
- Added an option to rewrite/translate «ago» word
- Initial release