Gmail Like Gravatar Fallback plugin converts default WordPress Gravatar into Gmail App like Gravatar which shows the initial letter of the user in a random background color.
- You can also add your styling to your stylesheet to customize the default gravatar after activating the plugin. Once the plugin is installed, it detects the user gravatars which are not set and are default, then they will be converted to SQUARE ICONS with First Letter of User’s Name.
- This plugin also keeps the default gravatar settings, so once plugin is deactivated, old setting will be applied again.
- This will show Gmail APP like gravatars in Comments list and Users / Members list.
- This plugin has no settings, it just uses converts the default Gravatars using jQuery.
1. In the HTML markup, the Author Name should be sibling of Author Gravatar.
2. The Author name should have «fn» class. To know more click here…
Please note: Our default WordPress comments section already shows markup in the link above.
So if want to use these Gmail like Gravatar Fallback in some other custom templates, then you can reform the structure to look like the above.
Upload the Gmail Like Gravatar Fallback plugin in your WordPress website’s plugin folder or through the WordPress Plugins backend.
And you’re done!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Gmail Like Gravatar Fallback” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Gmail Like Gravatar Fallback” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Version History for Gmail Like Gravatar Fallback Plugin
- Bug Fix: Added support for Comments sections
- First Public Release