This plugin transforms the Gutenberg gallery block into a lightbox with previous/next navigation. It was built to offer those who wish to present a series of images in lightbox/slider format with a simple, lightweight solution.
- Install the plugin through the Install Plugins interface or by uploading the
ggbl-lightboxfolder to your
- Activate the plugin.
- Make sure you select «Media File» in the Link To dropdown menu for your galleries
Why did you make this plugin?
I haven’t found a lightbox that is optimized for Gutenberg galleries. Many generate their own gallery formats or contain unneccesary options. I wanted to build one that was as minimal as possible, while offering a functional and elegant experience.
Contributors & Developers
“Gutenberg Gallery Blocks Lightbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Gutenberg Gallery Blocks Lightbox” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Gutenberg Gallery Blocks Lightbox” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Changed lightbox to position:fixed to prevent unwanted scrolling. Props @Antahai
* test for wp 6.0. Adds support for left/right arrow key navigation. Adds support for ESC key to close gallery.
* test for wp 5.9. Works with updated wp-blocks-gallery class
* Ensure that lightbox is above all other elements on the page
* Initial Release.